Saturday, August 17, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Small

Every Friday Lisa-Jo Baker posts a word prompt.  The idea is to set a timer and write for five minutes. You would be amazed at how fast 5 minutes really is. Once the five minutes is up you jump on over to her page here and post your link. Once you link up visit the person before you and offer some words of encouragement for their writing.

I wake up every morning and drag myself out of bed. What can I say I am FAR from being a morning person. 

I get myself ready for work and hit the road for the 27 miles commute. Once I hit my office my purse gets laid in my chair and my cell phone lands on the edge of my desk. I reach for my coffee cup and head for the kitchen. I am normally the first coffee drinker in the office, so its my task to make coffee. 

This is my daily routine. 

I am thankful that I have the opportunity to wake up each morning. 

I am thankful for a car to drive to get to work. 

I am thankful to have a job. 

I am thankful to have such amazing co-workers. 

I am thankful for coffee. 

My list could go on. My motto for life is: "It's all about the journey not the destination."  

I could only imagine what my days would be like if I didn't have all these small things to make up my routine. 

It is the small things in life that really matter.  Focus on the small things. Focus on the journey not the destination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment