Monday, December 31, 2012

A Look Back at 2012


January - My husband had knee surgery and his employer at the time only gave him one day off after his surgery. The good wife that I am drove Randy to work and would pick him since he couldn't drive while taking pain pills. 

February - Was an extremely busy month at work for me. It was my first Girl Scout Cookie season on the Council side. My husband was still recovering from having knee surgery and I spent many late nights at the office, so we didn't get to see much of each other. 


March - I was already at work getting my morning started when I received a call from my husband. "I just got creamed by a semi" were the first words out of his mouth. It took a moment for my brain to register what he had just told me. I immediately dropped everything I was doing at work and headed towards the accident. I made it the scene of the accident and I saw the car. The drivers side of the car looked pretty bad. The amazing thing is Randy walked away from being t-bones by a semi with a scratch on his neck from the glass shattering all over him. 


April - It was my turn for surgery. I had to have a cyst removed from my tail bone. It was not a fun surgery and far less fun recovery time. My doctor told me 2-3 month recovering time, so I was thinking that it wouldn't be to bad boy was I wrong! My surgery was April 19th and I laid flat on my stomach the rest of the month on my couch. A home health nurse came the first week after my surgery until they taught my amazing roommate how to change the packing. That was the worst part of my day. I was very appreciative that my parents came to visit, so I would have company. My Marmy also did all the cooking while she was here. Otherwise I would have lived frozen meals and take out. The crappy part of the month Randy got let go from his job for something that wasn't his fault. On a good note, Randy was able to pick out a truck with the insurance money we got. We were finally back to having two vehicles. 

May - Was the happiest month of the year aside from some crappy stuff still going on. Randy and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. Money was really tight since Randy still didn't have job, so Jesse was kind enough to take us out for our anniversary. May also marked the year mark of Jesse living with us.

June - Randy finally landed a job. It was a great one, but at least it was a job. He started selling cell phones. The hours sucked his manager used and abused him. I don't think there was a day he came home in a good mood. I celebrated my one year anniversary with my job. I don't think there is a better job out there for me. I bleed green and love the mission I work for.

July & August - Nothing major really happened. Trying to live on a tighter budget was stressful none the less. I was still trying to recover from surgery. I didn't think about not being able to swim all summer :(  

September - Randy and I marked our 1 year anniversary of being homeowners! 


October - This was a bittersweet month. I took a week of vacation it was a nice change in pace because this was the first time all year that I had taken vacation. I made plans to take a trip to Kansas City to visit some family friends from high school. I had also decided that I wanted to see my brother. I hadn't seen my brother since the early part of 2010. I was the first family member that ever visited Joshie while he was incarcerated. It was amazing to see him, but at the same time reality sank in. I was officially healed from surgery! I couldn't be happier! October 31 is a date that will stick with me. I was able to spend the time with my amazing sister Jessica Loggins. This marked the last time I was able to see her for at least a year. 2nd Lt. Jessica Loggins was set to deploy to Afghanistan in December. 


November - Randy finally landed a job that he loves! It is amazing how a job can change someones mood. Randy never comes home in a bad mood any more. Randy was once again in a car accident. Thankfully all the guys in the truck that rolled over were fine. Randy was hurt the worst with a cut on the back of his head and his wrist split open. Randy, Jesse and I had the pleasure of spending Thanksgiving with his side of the family in Marshall. This was the first year since we have been married that I didn't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner. 


December -  I only worked 6 days this month. I had a lot of vacation that I needed to work in because I had only used a week all year. Jesse and I traveled to Texas because I had been asked to shoot a sweet 16 party for Jesse's niece. As soon as we got home the count down to my parents spending Christmas with us was on. Since I didn't have to work my parents were able to spend a week and a half with us. We had a very good Christmas being able to spend time with family. This month I also made a very big decision and I became an Ambassador of Hope for the Dab the AIDS Bear Project. (I will have a post very soon talking about this project)


I am sure there are things that I forgot to put in here, but 2012 defiantly had its up and downs. There were many stressful times, but there were also joyful times. I am looking forward to 2013 and all the fun times to come. 

How was 2012 for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment