Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Yes, This (Days 6 - 10)

Day 6: Getting outside

This is something that I haven't been the greatest about lately. I love being outdoors, but haven't made the time to do so. My addiction to crocheting has kept me in the house quite a bit. Over the summer I was better about getting outside and lounging in the pool and starring at the clouds. It really is peaceful to take a break from being connected and take a moment to enjoy nature.

I really REALLY want to get a hammock for my front porch. It is just now trying to be fall here in the south. I would love to lay in a hammock and crochet the day away.

Day 7: Joy seeking
I try to take a positive outlook on each and look for the good in everyone and everything. Some days are much easier then others. I have been having a rough go of things here lately and finding the good in each day has been hard. I haven't given up I just have to try harder. 

Day 8: Connect
For an introverted person like myself I find it hard to open up and let my walls down. I have never liked being in the limelight and when I have found myself in these situation I normally get burned.

I trust to easily.
I love to hard.
I care to much. 

There is a group of ladies that I finally feel like I am starting to fit in with. It was about a year and a half ago that I ran into Angela at a running/5k clinic. I first meet her while volunteering at the animal shelter. We ended up on the topic of crafting, kindred spirits always have a way of coming together. She invited to knit night. It is amazing to have a circle of people with the same interests. Over the last year I have been pretty sporadic in attending the get-togethers. Here lately I have made of a point of getting out of the house and making an effort to be more social. I have found my circle of people who love the same things I do! I have found my home with these ladies. Thank you for inviting me and accepting me into your yarnie circle :)

Day 9: List of "Yes"
Things I want to say yes too:
loving deeply
yoga pants
calming breaths
crocheting
me time
family time
coffee
taking a chance 

Day 10:  Back to day 1
It was a nice ending to loop back to beginning with breaths and finding me time. Me time is something that I get Monday - Thursday.  After I get home from work I kick off my shoes grab a drink and settle into out crochet corner. The tv stays off and the phone is set aside (most days). I use this time to unwind from the day. There is something about having those few moments just relaxing with yarn in hand and the purr of the kitties.

No comments:

Post a Comment