Monday, August 11, 2014

Hubby and I vs. The Pool

A story about first time pool owners... 

I have always wanted a pool, but we never seemed to get around to buying one. The time just never seemed right. I told myself that this year it was going to happen. It took a little convincing of the hubs, but we finally decided that having a pool would be amazing for the summer. We do live in Arkansas after all. Summers here have a tendency to be incredibly hot, like 3 digit hot!

I don't like being hot and medically I can't let my body get overheated. What better to spend the summer the enjoying a glass of wine relaxing in a pool.

We took the leap purchased a nice 14 X 4 pool. We meticulously searched for the flattest area in our backyard. We had thought we had a pretty level backyard. That was until we had to the pool up!

It was late on a Saturday afternoon, by the time we made it home from running errands. I wanted to go ahead and get the pool put together, so we could begin filing it. My plan was to lounge the entire day of Sunday in the pool.

HA! The pool said easier said then done.

The the time we found the most level area of the backyard, we laid down the tarp and began taking everything out of the box. We wanted to be able to see what all we had to work with and easily be able to grab something when the time came for it.

It wasn't until we had everything laid out that we heard the first clap of thunder followed by more clouds moving in.

I figured at this point, we may as well get everything put together, since it was strewn across the backyard already.

I started laying out the legs and pieces across the top to form the circle and I started to feel a sprinkle on my back.

This made me want to move quicker to get everything done. This made my wonderful husband retreat to the garage.

Then the down pour came....

Then the lightning came....

Then we had a standing pool!



I wasn't going to let a little rain get in my way of being able to enjoy the pool the next day!

That was until we found a leak :( Luckily it was a small one. The repair kit that came with the pool was able to hold up until I got one of those really nice repair kits with the underwater glue. Two months later and still holding up like a champ!

We also learned out not to leave the hose in the pool and unhook if from the faucet.... it will siphon water out of the pool and flood the yard!

This summer hasn't been very nice to us either! We finally decided to buy a pool and we have had the coolest summer in history.

I am sure we will have more funny stories when we get ready to take it down for the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment