Monday, August 4, 2014

Daddys' Semi-Visit!

Ok, ok, I know that I am a few days late with this, but you will have to forgive me. Friday turned into a train wreck for me and I did all I could to get my mind off of things that were happening.

So, on to Daddy's semi-visit. I call it this because he only stayed at my house 8 days out of the 13 days Marmy was there.

Daddy had one of the most exciting trips of his life planned.

It was back in May that my uncle received a very special phone call. When my uncle picked up the phone it was long lost aunt.

My dad and uncles had seen or heard from their sister is 63 years! I can't even fathom the idea of having a sibling out there somewhere in the world, but have no idea where they are. This is what my dad and uncles went through for 63 years.

They searched high and low for her. Come to find out they were searching under the wrong name the whole time! Who at the age of 2, 4 and 6 could tell Phyllis from Tryllis. 

It wasn't until my uncle came across some information that sounded familiar about the family on ancestry.com. This is how my uncle found his niece and in turn was contacted by his sister.

The family planned a reunion for the end of July. My dad counted down the days and got super antsy the closer the time came to finally meet his sister again. 

The entire weekend of the family reunion the family had a newspaper reporter following them to capture the amazing feat of siblings finding each other at 63 years!

   
The family graced the front page of the Galveston County Daily News. This was the first moment they all saw each other in the lobby of the hotel after 63 years!.

Once my uncles and my dad made it safely back to my house they had tons of stories to share. They couldn't wait to show off the banner that hung at the hotel.
I don't know about you, but I find this pretty amazing! I had heard stories like this about other families, but never thought it would happen to my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment