Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My break from blogging... Part 1 of 2

What has happened since I have been gone: 

As you can all tell I have taken quite a bit of a break from blogging here lately. I have used this time to do a lot of soul searching and thinking. Thinking about the past, thinking about the future and the direction that I what my life to go. 

I also really got back into crocheting. You can't find me anywhere without yarn someone near by. I love to crochet and it reminds me of all the memories I had with my Marmy when I first learned how to crochet. Summer 2013, my sister - Alene, my marmy, and my grandma all joined together and formed a small family business. Alene is also teaching her daughter to crochet.

Shameless plug here: be sure to visit us over on Facebook Stitched Together - creations by 4 generations. Once we reach 250 likes we will be doing a giveaway!

Our first craft show was December 2013. It didn't turn out as well as we had hoped, but it was still a lot of fun spending time together as a family. We were all worried that we wouldn't have enough items to sell at the show, but as we started the pricing process we quickly learned we had a huge amount! The memories really started to flood in when my grandma pulled out dishclothes that my sister and I made when we were first learning how to crochet. I think I was 7 or 8 when I made my first dishcloth. My grandma had hung onto these and never used them 17 years later!

Here is a small sampling of some of what I have been working on: 


 Spike Puff Stitch tote bag
 Jack Skellington inspired beanie
 Summer slouch beanie
Basketball Baby Blanket

I am pretty sure I have lost track of how many crochet hours I have logged. Crocheting is a stress reliever for me. After working all day you can always find me a yarn and hook in hand in the evening. If for some reason I take a day or two break I always find myself lost. I am one happy hooker and proud of it!

My hubs likes to joke with me about being an "old lady" who crochets all the time. I have to say that I am pretty proud that I have this skill and that I enjoy it so much. Skills like this will die out if families don't pass them to the next generation. I have just started branching out even more and I have started crocheting jewelry pieces stay tuned for photos!

What skills have been passed down in your family? 

P.S. Don't forget to visit Stitched Together on Facebook to see more of our work!

No comments:

Post a Comment