Friday, June 6, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Hands

It has been a while.... time to work on dusting off my blog again. 

Every Friday Lisa-Jo Baker posts a word prompt.  The idea is to set a timer and write for five minutes. You would be amazed at how fast 5 minutes really is. Once the five minutes is up you jump on over to her page here and post your link. Once you link up visit the person before you and offer some words of encouragement for their writing.


I love working with my hands. I do it on a daily basis. Whether its at work compiling reports or working on a design project, but one of my most favorite things to do with my hands is to crochet. 

To me there is just something special about taking time out of the day and sitting back and relaxing with a hook and yarn in my hands. I am a hooker and proud of it. 

I don't understand why there is such a stigma when it comes to crocheting. It isn't just an old people thing! If these skills aren't passed down generation to generation then one day all these beautiful hand made items will only be a memory and there won't be anyone that recreate these pieces.

There are only a few things I enjoy more then browsing through the yarn aisles at a craft store. Anytime my husband can't find me at Wal-Mart he always knows to the check the yarn aisle and he is bound to find me. 

Don't buy me flowers.... buy me yarn 
Don't buy me chocolate... buy me yarn 
Don't buy me a fancy dinner... buy me yarn 

Welp... that was my five minutes... until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment