Tuesday, October 30, 2012

High School Memories - Day 5

Yes, yes I know...I have been slacking! This thing called life has been super crazy busy here lately. So, on to day five of my way over do amazing vacation! 

We started out the morning by visiting one of my favorite places on earth.... can you guess it? If you guessed Starbucks you were spot on. I was also excited to be meeting up with one of my best friends from high school, Kayla and finally be able to meet her daughter. It is crazy to see everyone that I went to high school with having babies! We can't be that old yet :) I had seen numerous photos of Kimmi on Facebook and I already knew that she was precious, but I was ready to meet her in person. When Kayla and Kimmi got to Starbucks I headed over to her van and after Kayla got Kimmi out of her car seat I put my hands out and asked Kimmi if she wanted to come see me and she practically jumped out of Kayla's arms. Kayla later told me that she had never done that for anyone else. That made me feel really special! 

This precious doll decided that my purse was her new playground. She was a smart cookie because the first thing she went to was my Girl Scout Cookie pen, she really is my mini me. :) 

We quickly decided we were hungry and we made our way over to Subway that was a short walk from Starbucks. I gave Kimmi back to her mom long enough for me to enjoy my sandwich. One of the joys of enjoying someone else's child. Love you Kayla :)

  
Kimmi was in a super good mood and being super photogenic before we left Subway. How cute is she???


After Subway we headed over to Oak Park Mall to take in a little retail therapy. Nothing is better than a little retail therapy while on vacation. 

We gave our hugs and our see you laters and of course snapped a few photos and we parted ways because I was headed to Overland Park Arboretum for a photo shoot that I had planned. Hopefully next time it won't be another 5 years before we have a chance to get together again. 

You put a camera in my hand and I turn into one of the happiest people on the planet. At the Arboretum I met of with another high school friend Nicole. It was great to be able to catch up with so many people while I was enjoying my vacation. I had done a photo shoot for Nicole when her daughter was about six weeks old. It was time to update some photos. Let me tell you photographing a baby is vastly different than photographing 2 toddlers! Kayah and her half-brother Damian were a blast to shoot with even though I was a little worn out by the end of the shoot. I learned my lesson to next time down some red bull first! 
 

We managed to get in a cute posed photo


Then they were off...running...


and crawling...and couldn't keep them down!


and you couldn't miss this cute mother - daughter shot! 

It was wonderful to take this day to reminisce on old memories as well as make new ones along the way!

Do you have long lost friends that you wish you had the chance to reconnect with?

No comments:

Post a Comment