Tuesday, October 16, 2012

B.A.C.A. Seminar - Day 2

This is the day that I learned that I am to old to enjoy beverages of the adult variety until 2:30 am! My alarm went off at 7:30 am in order to get some breakfast before the all day seminar started. Let's say I rose, but I did not shine.

I hit the shower and made a b-line to the nearest coffee pot! After 2 cups of coffee I made my way to the food line. I grabbed an extra bowl of Cheerios and headed into the Seminar. This wasn't the best choice after all. The Cheerios ended up giving me heart burn :(

For those who are not familiar with B.A.C.A. it stands for Bikers Against Child Abuse. This organization is very important to me because I hope to make a difference in the life of at least one child and break the chains of abuse. I was fortunate enough to not have to deal with issues of abuse, but there are to many children that deal with abuse on a daily basis. This hits close to home for me because I have friends who had to deal with many different forms of abuse throughout their life. If I can be here to help at least one child (I hope I can touch the lives of many more) I know that I have done my job.

We had a good time at the seminar, but it was also information overload. I was proud of myself I managed to keep myself awake throughout everything.

Jesse and I were able to hit the road to Kansas City in time to get there before dark.By the time that we hit Kansas City we were both starving so, we met up with my friend Heather and headed to one of my favorite restaurants Chipotle! I was amazed that in under 10 minutes we were there. I am used to driving much further than that when I am at home in Arkansas. Nothing seems to be close to where I live. I recently found out that Little Rock just got a Chipotle, but it is also an hour drive for me!
After we managed to all get fully belly's we headed back to Heather's house and we just hung out and reminisced on the good times and caught up on each others lives.

I am really appreciative of the friends that I have today. All of the relationships that I have with people today are the ones that were worth fighting for. You all have a special place in my heart. We were able to get past the high school drama. We were able to forgive and forget. We were able to come out on top. We were able to remember all the silly times.

There is one friendship that I hold dearly to my heart today. We were the best of friends on middle school and unfortunately, high school drama got the best of us and drove us apart. I couldn't be happier that we were both able to be the bigger person and move on past everything. I wouldn't give anything to change how things happened. Yes, it sucks that we missed out on a few year of being friends, but I think our friendship has a much better meaning after everything we have been through together.  *Hugs - you know who you are*


No comments:

Post a Comment