Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Nightmare!

I will be the first person to say I hate politics and everything that comes with it. I will be one of the happiest people when today is over with. This will most likely be the first and last political post I ever write!

First and foremost, I really hope that everyone went out and voted. Men and women have served our country and some gave their life for our freedom to vote. I saw statuses pop up on Facebook today like: I just don't feel like voting, My vote doesn't count anyway, The polls are to busy when I tried to go. People this is your civic duty!

Women's rights have come a long way since the ratification of the 19th Amendment in 1920. It made me proud to stand in line to vote this morning and I saw more women than men. A woman who is 8 1/2 month pregnant stood in line with me for over an hour to cast her ballot - with a few bathroom breaks in between, of course! Many women had toddlers in tow just so they could cast heir ballot.


This should make a women proud to cast their ballot and not have to worrying about being arrested, prosecuted or fined! In the 2008 Presidential Election only 66% of the women registered voted and less than half of women on the US Census were even registered. Here is to hoping the numbers for the 2012 Presidential Election turn out better!

No comments:

Post a Comment