Monday, September 17, 2012

Focus on Life

I know that my recent posts have been scattered from topic to topic. I am trying to work on finding the content that I want to write about but, also keep it entertaining for my readers. At the beginning of this year I told myself that I was going to dust off my blog which I hadn't really kept up with since college and I was going to post once a week. As you can tell that hasn't really happened this year. When I revamped my blog with a new look and a name I thought that it was going to be easy for me to keep up with.

My intentions for the year 2012 was to take a simple word and focus on that throughout the year. Sounds easy enough right? I thought that I chose a word that was suited me well and something that I could play around with. I chose the word "focus." This word pretty much sums me up in many ways. The first reason why this word came to mind was because I am a photographer. I like to think of myself as a pretty good photographer but, I will leave that up to you all to decide.


One of my favorite shots from a recent child session. 


The Blue Angels came to perform at the Little Rock Air Force Base.

I also thought that the word focus would be easy to always come up with ideas to write about for the simple fact that I wanted to use this years to look back over the last few years and focus on how far I have come. This last year a lot of amazing and some not so amazing things have happened. 

A few of the good things:
  • I celebrated my 5 year wedding anniversary with the best man that I could ask for. 
  • I landed a job in my desired career path. 
  • I started riding a motorcycle! At first I was pretty terrified  but, now you can't keep me off!
  • I volunteer with the local animal shelter by taking photos of all of the animals so, we have good photos to post and hopefully get them adopted. 
  • I have gotten really involved with the local Bikers Against Child Abuse Chapter. 


A few of the bad things:
  • My husband got t-boned by semi that totaled out the car (Thankfully he was able to walk away from the accident)
  • My husband had knee surgery in January and his boss wouldn't give him more than one day off so, I ended up driving him to work for a few days since, he was still on pain medication. 
  • I had to have surgery in April that took me out of work for over two weeks and here it is September and I am still trying to heal! 
  • My husband lost his job the week of my surgery and searched for 6 weeks before landing a minimum wage job. 


I think I will leave this list at that... sadly I could go on but, I like that the positive things outnumber the negatives. 2012 has proven to not be a very good year. Even though there were rough times I try to focus on all of the good things that have happened. 

I am going to work on trying different ways to play off of my word I chose at the beginning of the year.

Have you ever chosen a word to life by? if so, what was your word and were you able to keep up with it?

1 comment: