Friday, June 14, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Listen

Every Friday Lisa-Jo Baker posts a word prompt.  The idea is to set a timer and write for five minutes. You would be amazed at how fast 5 minutes really is. Once the five minutes is up you jump on over to her page here and post your link. Once you link up visit the person before you and offer some words of encouragement for their writing. 


Life is so busy and hectic these days. I miss the days of not having a care in the world. As I take a moment to sit back and listen to the world around me. I hear the baby birds chirping every morning as I walk to my car to head to work from their nest on my front porch. As soon as, I reach my car the music comes on, whether its Bruno Mars or Pink or Heather and DC talking during their show I crank it up. There is no better way to enjoy my commute into work than listening to the radio. 

As I stroll into my office I am greeted by the lovely sound of our server closet and the hustle and bustle of my co-workers beginning their day. For many this means a pit stop in the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. The essence of life around this office! Y'all should have seen this place the day the coffee pot broke! People were making plans to run to Starbucks for their big container of coffee to hold us over until our coffee pot could be fixed. 


The best part of my day is when I get home and I get to wrap my arms around my awesome hubby to give him a big hug and he asks me how my day was. Whether I had an amazing day or a down right terrible day I know he will listen to my days tale. I have the best husband in the world! 


Listen to the world around you and make the most of it! 





3 comments:

  1. What bright, positive advice about being in the moment! That's pretty great advice, and an excellent attitude!

    Leslie from The Sweet Midlife With Lynne and Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely depiction of a busy life enriched with many meaningful sounds to capture attention. The awareness of them adds pleasure and purpose to our days. Your emphasis on the positive is very uplifting and encouraging. Thank you! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete