Monday, January 23, 2012

trying to focus...

So, as you guys can tell it has been a little while since I have posted anything. Let's just say that life has been crazy lately. I know I probably said that in my last post but, really it is crazy. Since the last time I have blog I have finished well to this point my home management binder (now to make myself use it!) I thought that spending the time and making this binder it would be something that I would check. But now  I am starting to think that it is just one more thing that I need to remember to check every day. The only part of it that I have really been using is the weekly menu! Boy has this helped when it goes to grocery shopping. We have been sitting down each Sunday and figuring out what we want for dinner for the week. This week I only spent 30 dollars on groceries because I already had the other things that I needed. It is amazing how planning out our meals can help you spend less when you go shopping for groceries. I really wish that I could get better at checking the other sections as well. But you know me I refer back to my little black planner for everything.

Do you guys have any suggestions for keeping up with something new?

My mind has been pretty frazzled lately. Work has really been killing me. We have been down a person in our department since September or something like that. It feels so much longer! The work keeps stacking up on me. I have a to do a list a mile long. I have to do lists to do to lists! But the good news they hired somebody today! As long as all of the paper work gets done in time she will be starting next Monday!

My husband also just has knee surgery this last week. It wasn't anything big. His knee cap wasn't were it was supposed to be to the doctors had to go in a cut some of his tissue so his knee cap could move back to where it was supposed to be. The day at the surgery center was really long. All they told Randy was his thing was at 10:30. So we figured that was the time of his surgery so we got there at 9:30.... well he needed to be there at 10:30 so we were already and hour early. Always best to be early then late right? Once they got him checked in and got his IV started they told us it would be able a 3 hour wait for his surgery. He didn't get taken back into surgery until 2:30. That made for the start of a very long day. I knew that everything was going to be fine but as I sat out in the waiting room I still had the stress of Randy being asleep during the surgery because you never know what all could go wrong. Everything went really well and he ended up with only two little incisions. Randy was in recovery longer then he was in surgery. Now he just has to wait for recovery.

Focusing on things these last few weeks have been pretty difficult.

How do you guys get back on tasks with what you are trying to do when there is so much going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment